Re: hiding Tables

From: hpuxrac <>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 14, 1:42 am, Mass <> wrote:

> let me explain , i have table called ( user) it containt  username and
> password this table in  same my data base (there are many users can
> login in this data base and can access to (user ) ),so i need to hid
> this table from my data base  to avoid any access to this table

Do you know the difference between a schema and a database from the oracle point of view?

Create the table in a schema that other people don't have access to. Create a view if necessary to give access to the username part of the table but not the password part. Hope passwords aren't being stored in clear text and have been scrambled/encrypted somehow before going into oracle. Received on Sun Sep 14 2008 - 13:17:24 CDT

Original text of this message