Re: hiding Tables

From: Mass <mass123_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 22:42:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 12, 4:25 pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
> On Sep 12, 9:14 am, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 12, 3:30 am, Mass <mass..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Dear All,
>
> > > I have a data base on oracle 10g i want to hiding some tables but i
> > > didn't know the steps to do that and How i will show it later?
>
> > > Thanks a lot
>
> > What, exactly, do you mean by 'hiding some tables'?  There are ways to
> > restrict access to certain data to certain users, but that's not
> > called 'hiding tables'.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> Mass, by default if you create a table the only users who can see that
> table are you and users with the select any table privilege such as
> DBA's.  You have to issue object level privileges: select, insert,
> update, delete to allow other users to access your table.
>
> As David asked, what do you mean by, "hiding some tables".  Perhaps
> you want to look into encryption, views, Virtual Private Database
> (VPD) also called Fine Grained Access Control (FGAC).
>
> encryption    -  require encoding and decoding of raw data so it can
> be seen in clear form only via an authorized application
>
> view - restricts columns and rows returned via a predefined query
>
> VPD  - Prior to 10g applies a policy rule to filter rows returned
> based on how rule applies to querying user.  With 10g+ can also be
> used to nullify column value returned.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

let me explain , i have table called ( user) it containt username and password this table in same my data base (there are many users can login in this data base and can access to (user ) ),so i need to hid this table from my data base to avoid any access to this table

Thanks
Mass Received on Sun Sep 14 2008 - 00:42:12 CDT

Original text of this message