Re: question about subtracting dates

From: Adam Sandler <>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:44:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 11, 4:46†pm, hpuxrac <> wrote:
> Any reason you don't want to use oracle provided functionality like
> days_between?

No... not necessarily... like I mentioned, I'm just taking over maintenance for this application (and the person who wrote the junk isn't here anymore). I don't necessarily want to start ripping things to shreds without understanding what is going on. If I can make the determination that there's no reason to use "date minus date", then I'll clobber that code. I didnít want to see though if anyone knew why the years don't seem to be accounted for when running the SQL above. Received on Fri Sep 12 2008 - 09:44:53 CDT

Original text of this message