Re: 10g with HACMP (no RAC)?

From: The Boss <usenet_at_No.Spam.Please.invalid>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:21:58 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:
> Palooka wrote:
>> joel garry wrote:
>>> Apologies, my rant is with the management that created your issues.
>>> It appears to have all the red flags of a project doomed to failure.
>>> One time I signed on as a contractor to implement one installation
>>> of such a multi$M project, and wound up supporting the successful
>>> one that was hacked out by a couple of guys. The IBM box gathered
>>> dust in the warehouse.
>>>
>> Accepted.
>>
>> This IBM "box" (actually a pair of frames) is unlikely to gather
>> dust in the warehouse though; it has cost the client $$$ and is
>> running a number of applications on umpteen LPARs.
>
> If it is a z10 please contact me off-line.

A z10 doesn't run AIX nor HACMP.
Are you alluding to IBM and Oracle's strategy for a Virtualized Data Center, combining IBM's hypervisor z/VM and Linux (RHEL or SLES) with Oracle's Maximum Availability Architecture build on DataGuard and (optionally) RAC?

Although we are still on z9, I would be very interested in any Oracle related z10 info [or z10 related Oracle info ;)]

--
Jeroen