Recording Oracle transaction levels

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 03:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Just a quick question.

My manager is in the process of setting up some KPIs for our IT department (mostly general interest for other depts to look at). One such metric he has requested is 'the actual number of transactions executed within the previous hour'.

I don't think this is possible because, as far as I know, Oracle doesn't keep any record of the number of transactions it has executed and taking regular snapshots of how many transactions are running at that exact time is going to be pretty meaningleess as some transactions can be as short as a mill-second.

So the question being - is my assumption above correct or is there another way to do this that I'm unaware of?

Thanks in advance
John Received on Thu Sep 11 2008 - 05:12:53 CDT

Original text of this message