RMAN Archive Log

From: <exec_at_chicagorsvp.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We put our database into archive log mode. It has been that way for a day. We also modified our init.ora file to set the destination and file name format.

When we run RMAN, it looks in the oracle home and also for a totally different file name with a totally different sequence number. We set the location in RMAN with no luck.......

We are on 10g R2 and using the control file rather than the recovery catalog......

Any thoughts? Do I need to shutdown and re-open with resetlogs??? Received on Wed Sep 10 2008 - 12:29:40 CDT

Original text of this message