Re: v$session_logops

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 10, 12:27 pm, e..._at_chicagorsvp.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We seem to be hitting a max on our apache processes.  We suspect the
> database.  We are running 10g R2.
>
> When we query v$session_logops it shows one session.  But, this
> session is not in v$session?  Nor do his SQL statements exist in v
> $sql???
>
> Can anyone explain this?

I suggest you post the SQL and results of a select on v $session_longops and v$session so people can see 1- what data is there and 2 - that you have not made a simple mistake looking at your data.

Also 10gR2 is not a full version number and bugs are often specific version 10.2.0.1, 10.2.0.2, 10.2.0.3, etc ... specific.

Take a look at v$resource_limit to see how you actual Oracle session and process counts look compared to your maximum allowed. If you had run out of either you would would have received specific Oracle errors for the condition.

Any errors in the Oracle Alert log?

What about the Apache logs?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Sep 10 2008 - 12:22:32 CDT

Original text of this message