Oracle 10 Failover

From: Chris Seidel <cseidel_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:28:18 +0200

Hi,

we are planning to configure a snapshot replication to a second database server to increase the availability of our application.

We have odbc clients which use the oracle odbc driver with Oracle Net and we have jdbc clients which uses the oracle thin driver.

As far as I know it is possible to configure TAF with Oracle Net (tnsnames.ora). Transparency is on select level only. DML ist lost. Right?

And as far as I know this is not possible with the jdbc thin driver. This supports only FCF - thus the client has to call getConnection() again to connect to the backup server.
Thus all work gets lost.
Right?

Altenatives would be:

OS-Cluster with shared storage
RAC Right?

Thank you. Received on Wed Sep 10 2008 - 09:28:18 CDT

Original text of this message