Re: Is there any DBMS package for exporting dmp? (Not dbms_datapump)?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:26:43 +0200

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:10:03 -0700 (PDT), Big George <jbeteta_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We are using Oracle 10g Release 1.
>
>We are trying to export one table as a .dmp file using dbms_datapump,
>but as you know 10g Release 1 has many bugs for dbms_datapump. So
>right now dbms_datapump (or expdp command) doesn't work for us.
>
>We can export as dmp using the traditional exp command, like:
>exp userid=scott/tiger tables=taud file=c:\taud.dmp log=c:\taud.log ;
>
>The thing is that we don't want to write down the user password in any
>script or in any command prompt.
>
>Is there any DBMS package for exporting data using the traditional
>command: exp ?
>
>Thank you !

Exp is a command line utility. There is no package available, and even if there is, it has not been published.

However, as you can set up an O/S authenticated Oracle account, allowing you to use
exp userid=/

there is also no need.
Please set up an O/S authenticated account, grant the EXP_FULL_DATABASE role and the IMP_FULL_DATABASE role to it, and you are set.

The command is
create user ... identified externally
etc.

Hth