Is there any DBMS package for exporting dmp? (Not dbms_datapump)?

From: Big George <jbeteta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:10:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We are using Oracle 10g Release 1.

We are trying to export one table as a .dmp file using dbms_datapump, but as you know 10g Release 1 has many bugs for dbms_datapump. So right now dbms_datapump (or expdp command) doesn't work for us.

We can export as dmp using the traditional exp command, like: exp userid=scott/tiger tables=taud file=c:\taud.dmp log=c:\taud.log ;

The thing is that we don't want to write down the user password in any script or in any command prompt.

Is there any DBMS package for exporting data using the traditional command: exp ?

Thank you ! Received on Mon Sep 08 2008 - 11:10:03 CDT

Original text of this message