Re: 10g with HACMP (no RAC)?

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 20:35:24 +0100

Uwe Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a few tips.
>
> Make sure that the database VGs are 'enhanced concurrent' or failovers
> will be painfully slow. If you want to have fast failovers, set MTTR
> accordingly, so that the database will not have to apply huge amounts
> of data from the redo logs. Put all the configuration files in your
> ORA_BASE/admin into HACMP file collections to keep them in sync on al
> HACMP nodes. Sync and verify the cluster after Test FAILOVER and RG move
> after every change to the HACMP configuration or software. This means
> planned downtime for your Oracle instance for every test :->.

Thanks, Uwe. Your tips are noted.

Do we need to install any extra Oracle software (e.g clusterware)?

You mention the redo logs: I assume you refer to the online redo here, since starting the database on the second node should presumably be, in effect, the same thing as recovering from instance failure. That's right, isn't it?

Palooka Received on Sun Sep 07 2008 - 14:35:24 CDT

Original text of this message