How a row is physical stored in Oracle

From: Najm Hashmi <najmhashmi_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 10:33:34 -0400

Hi All,
I was just curious to know rows are physically stored for a table in Oracle database. Are they stored by Primary Key? If I don't want to store them by primary key but some other column, how will I be able to do it.

I would appreciate if someone can point me to some documentation and few good reference books.

My background is in SQL Server and I am pretty much aware of its internals. I would like to do the same with Oracle. I would appreciate your help on the books and links.

Best regards,
Najm Received on Sun Sep 07 2008 - 09:33:34 CDT

Original text of this message