Re: Slow connection to Oracle 10

From: joel garry <>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 4, 7:48 pm, Michael Austin <> wrote:

> Also, make sure you in your BIOS that you have hyperthreading turned
> OFF.  As of, it was almost twice as fast turning this off. Not
> sure why this occurred, but it was consistent on more than 15 different
> x86 servers (HP, Dell, Compaq (it was ~2 years ago) NT2000/2003/XP)

Some of the problems were due to java version issues, especially with the EM agent. The more "sophisticated" your technology stack, the bigger the argument to keep Oracle on the latest patch of the latest version. Other times it's just as simple as Shakespeare showed.

We can still laugh at Oracle for saying four years ago that "Oracle will work just fine" on hyperthreading. (Note: 205089.1)

-- is bogus.
One of my vendors has a support site with an .se domain.  They seem to
have some sort of xmlloader software.  So I'm always seeing
xmlloader... on my browser.