Re: Oracle Text Index

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:01:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 5, 9:58 am, "Chris Seidel" <csei..._at_arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when gets a text index type CONTEXT updated?
> Like every other index on insert/update/delete or only when I call create
>
> Thank you

There is more than one kind of context index. There is one version that Oracle can update as the table data changes though you usually have to run a sync operation to perform the index update: CTX_DDL.SYNC_INDEX. See the OracleŽ Text Reference 10g Release 2 (10.2) Part Number B14218-01 or your version's equilivent.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Sep 05 2008 - 11:01:02 CDT

Original text of this message