Replication in databases

From: M2Y <mailtoyahoo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 22:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have the follwing doubts. Can someone plz explain or provide details:

Regarding Multi-master replication:

        What is it? How can we do this in Oracle?
        What is shared between them?
        How the replication is done?(log shipping, transaction
shipping, ...)
        On failover, what happens to a client's connection?
        Does the failover transparent to the client? I mean, does the
client need to reestablish the connection to another server and the current uncommitted transactions are lost.

Master-slave replication

        What is it? How can we do this in Oracle?
        What is shared between them?
        How the replication is done?(log shipping, transaction
shipping,
        On failover, what happens to a client's connection?
        Does the failover transparent to the client?

Thanks,
Srinivas Received on Tue Sep 02 2008 - 00:52:07 CDT

Original text of this message