Re: ORA-03137: TTC PROTOCOL INTERNAL ERROR : [12333] .... as any body ever see this?

From: Cristian Cudizio <>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 23:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 Ago, 18:47, joel garry <> wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2:33 am, Cristian Cudizio <>
> wrote:
> > Our customer is having sometimes this error .
> > ORA-03137: TTC PROTOCOL INTERNAL ERROR : [12333] [5] [196] [54] [] []
> > [] []
> > On Oracle on AIX 5.3
> I have no idea what I'm talking about, but are you seeing lots of
> things like FIN_WAIT_2 when you do a netstat -a?
> I've off and on had a completely different problem on different
> hardware, that turned out to be a flaky server that was being talked
> to as a background printer spooler process, which would cut off
> communication incorrectly, which would take an hour for the tcp layer
> to figure out it should kill.  This would take away resources from
> other processes, with the net effect of random socket errors in the
> client/server environment, made much worse by an abusive transaction
> monitor.
> Perhaps nothing to do with your problem, but such things need to be
> considered with random socket errors.
> It could also be a bug or OS patch or... I notice metalink lists a
> linux bug 7148457, "closed, could not reproduce" with the [12333] [5]
> [196] [54]... so up your SR severity, that makes me think Oracle isn't
> handling some situation properly, getting the same error parameters on
> different platforms, even if the root cause is configuration or non-
> Oracle bugs, or even the drivers.
> jg
> --
> is bogus.
> What must the secrets be?

Thanks Joel for tips. We hadn't considered the possibility of network/ socket problems. We have
to investigate more on this. With netstat -a there not a lot of FIN_WAIT_2 but i must check
when servers are more loaded. With netstat i'va only noticed that on AIX on
/etc/services there are this two lines:

ncube-lm                1521/tcp                # nCube License
ncube-lm                1521/udp                # nCube License

while having oracle listener on port 1521. I've also to put up the SR serverity to make Oracle Support handling the request.

  Cristian Cudizio Received on Mon Sep 01 2008 - 01:56:28 CDT

Original text of this message