Re: Convert db Oracle 7.0 to 10g

From: gym dot scuba dot kennedy at gmail <>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:32:20 GMT

"borntoride" <> wrote in message On 30 août, 22:06, "Ana C. Dent" <> wrote:
> borntoride <> wrote in news:4821c200-79e6-4bad-92b6-
> > Hi !
> > Does someone know how to quickly convert a Oracle 7.0 database to a
> > newer format like 10g, or to an other database system (MySql, SQL
> > Server, Hyper File or cvs, excel...).
> > Thanks a lot !
> What problem are you really trying to solve?
> the dbua in V10 will work as long as you start at V7.3.4.5

Hi ! Thanks a lot for your time. I need to transfer data from a database in Oracle 7.0 to a new accounting software. From this new accounting software, we can import data from many type of DB, but not from Oracle....
Well, you can export the data from Oracle in many ways. I assume the new accounting software has some sort of acceptable file format to import into. The main challenge is mapping the old database field definitions in Oracle 7 to the import format for your new software. It will take a lot of attention to detail to get it right. (with accounting software that is very important). You can't just throw data around, the definitions and edit checks of the data have to be correct. Have you created a test plan to ensure you have migrated the data correctly?

PS. I could probably do this for you for a time and materials consulting fee. Feel free to contact me via email. Received on Sun Aug 31 2008 - 01:32:20 CDT

Original text of this message