Re: Data Export - Burn ON CD
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 29, 5:01 am, "learning_co..._at_hotmail.com" <learning_co..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would appreciated if you provide me a step by step how to export the
> data from Oracle on my laptop to CD (where I can burn CD).
> I'm exploring free learning how to oracle and i had all the data while
> I'm learning. I'm not able to find the results on Google what is the
> procedure of exporting the data to CD (to burn CD).
> Your help would be much appreciated.
There are several ways to do this, described in various places in the docs.
- exp/imp utility. The "old way" to do it.
- expdat/impdat. The "new way to do it (like Steve referred to). May still have bugs for some situations, not backward compatible.
- Flat files. See the utilities link on asktom.oracle.com. This may be best if you want the data to go some non-Oracle place.
- export in XE. Another flat-file way to do this, advantage is you can do it all gui.
- use colsep=, in sqlplus and some other settings to get a .csv file. May have "special character in data" issues.
- transportable tablespaces. Often fastest way to move data around, must be careful about versions and platforms.
-- @home.com is bogus. Happy Birthday, Michael Jackson!Received on Fri Aug 29 2008 - 17:23:18 CDT