Re: ORA-03137: TTC PROTOCOL INTERNAL ERROR : [12333] .... as any body ever see this?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:47:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 29, 2:33 am, Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudi..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:
> Our customer is having sometimes this error .
> ORA-03137: TTC PROTOCOL INTERNAL ERROR : [12333] [5] [196] [54] [] []
> [] []
>
> On Oracle 11.1.0.6 on AIX 5.3

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but are you seeing lots of things like FIN_WAIT_2 when you do a netstat -a?

I've off and on had a completely different problem on different hardware, that turned out to be a flaky server that was being talked to as a background printer spooler process, which would cut off communication incorrectly, which would take an hour for the tcp layer to figure out it should kill. This would take away resources from other processes, with the net effect of random socket errors in the client/server environment, made much worse by an abusive transaction monitor.

Perhaps nothing to do with your problem, but such things need to be considered with random socket errors.

It could also be a bug or OS patch or... I notice metalink lists a linux bug 7148457, "closed, could not reproduce" with the [12333] [5] [196] [54]... so up your SR severity, that makes me think Oracle isn't handling some situation properly, getting the same error parameters on different platforms, even if the root cause is configuration or non-  bugs, or even the drivers.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
What must the secrets be?  http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080829/news_1b29qualcomm.html