Can we trigger event for abnormal loss of connection to oracle databse?

From: shilpa <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:56:36 -0700 (PDT)

ORACLE Database :

I want a trigger to get fired when my application’s connection to the database gets disconnected abnormally.
I plan to monitor the Server Name and its status in the “ v$session“ table.
Can I write a trigger that gets fired when “ v$session“ table gets edited? How can I achieve it?
Is there any other way to execute a stored procedure and perform some steps when a connection is lost to a database?

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.. Received on Fri Aug 29 2008 - 08:56:36 CDT

Original text of this message