Re: adding a control file (I blew something)

From: obakesan <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:17:27 GMT

In article <>, wrote:
>On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:18:32 GMT,
>(obakesan) wrote:
>>so I suspect my syntax is wrong.
>The syntax is
>Notice all file names are quoted individually.
>Notice it has little use to set up multiple control files on 1
>Notice the documentation is online at
>Please use the documentation as much as possible for mere syntax

yes, I just found the error and was about to post that I'd found it. I don't know why that sometimes when I read long strings like: *.control_files='/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/oradata/orcl/control01.ctl,

sometimes I miss the little things like ' between what's written and what I've typed and then read.

thanks :-)

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat blog:

please remove undies for reply Received on Fri Aug 29 2008 - 02:17:27 CDT

Original text of this message