Re: RMAN

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Ago, 20:19, artme..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're setting up RMAN and configuring our environment.  We are on
> Oracle 10gR2.  I'm having trouble understand these commands:
>
> CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK BACKUP TYPE TO COMPRESSED BACKUPSET
> PARALLELISM 20;
> CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT '/disk1/ora_df%t_s%s_s%p';
>
> They both specify disk.  But, can they be combined into one command?
> The documentation is really not specific on this.  They show different
> variants of the above, but I did not find anything on a combination of
> the commands.  If we can do it in one command, it makes more
> sense......
>
> Thank you.

If you see
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14194/rcmsynta015.htm#i1019177 you can configure different formats for different channels (for different backup pieces and one backupset) while "parallelism" and "compressed backupset" are "global" settings for a backup set
you can configure different settings for different channells that write different backup sets.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
 Cristian Cudizio

http://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com Received on Thu Aug 28 2008 - 05:36:33 CDT