Re: Passing Parameters

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:05:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 27, 2:46 pm, William Robertson <williamr2..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 27, 9:34 pm, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:

> > > Well Tim, I did not write the application.  But, going on what
> > > everyone has said here, I've just created the type on one of the
> > > schemas and then created a synonym and granted access to that
> > > type......all seems to be well now.
>
> > > I can understand what Oracle is saying and all, but the concept seems
> > > simple.  Which goes back to the saying, you can't have your cake and
> > > eat it too.....
>
> > > Thanks all for your input..- Hide quoted text -

> > You most certainly can have your cake and eat it, too.  I do, all of
> > the time.  What you cannot do is eat your cake and have it, too.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> Aren't those the same thing?

Only if, like my wife's cats, you eat barf.

The fundamental problem as referenced is time ordering, though the actual intent of the saying is that you cannot have something that you've already used. Which is obviously false given the existence of enzymes. Which are in barf, anyways. Not to mention computer programs can be copied without being used. So if you name a program cake.sql:
select "eat it!" from dual;

You can indeed, have your cake and eat it too.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://icanhascheezburger.com/tag/lasers/