Re: ORACLE 11g DB Control hugs CPU 100%

From: Frank Langelage <frank_at_lafr.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:02:11 +0200

manfis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 11g, Win XP 2G SP2
>
> after installing 11g EE and starting DB Control (emctl start dbconsole and
> login sys pass sysdba) task manager reports oracle.exe is 100 % busy.
> Without doing anything, cpu remains 100%, entering emctl stop dbconsole all
> is fine.
>
> has sombody seen this strange behaviour as well?
>
> Manfis

I can't unravel this mystery, but I got a similar behavior. I started DB control at about 8:30 this morning because of your request. This is also Oracle 11g but on Solaris SPARC 10 on an Sun Blade 2000 with 2 1.2 GHz CPUs.
The system was busy for about 10 hours with an average of 50%. On Solaris I have one oracle process per connect, and this process has consumed more than 630 minutes of CPU time now.

So there seems to be some big work to be done after init. Wait and see, if your system calms down after a while. Received on Wed Aug 27 2008 - 15:02:11 CDT

Original text of this message