Re: Passing Parameters

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 23:37:38 +0200

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:14:29 -0700 (PDT), Mtek <mtek_at_mtekusa.com> wrote:

>It just seems totally f**ked up. I mean, I should be able to create
>a type in every schema and have the database be smart and use the
>local type when needed, and when arrays are passed, they use the type
>in the receiving schema.......seems pretty straight forward to
>me.......

What you 'think' you should be able to do is not important. What is implemented and *described* in the documentation, you refuse to read ,is.
Now when you have two identically named types, one 'local' as you call it, and one 'global' you are definitely going to create havoc. Due to precedence rules the type name is likely resolved only once within he procedure.

So it is not f**ked up. You just scr**wed up the whole thing by taking the shortcut to the keyboard, without reading and understanding.

--

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA