Re: oracle forums

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 06:01:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 26, 2:50 am, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <vladimir.zakharyc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 25, 8:38 pm, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Downloads are working OK, but I get an error when trying to access the
> > > forums. Unbreakable, eh?
>
> > > Palooka- Hide quoted text -

> > doesn't aggravate me as much as some of the shoddy sql used in
> > development of sqldeveloper 1.5.1, just try to expand a users tables
> > tree in a semi large to large schema, come back to it in an hour or so.
>
> This might be not an SQL issue, but a client-side issue: for each
> schema object they will instantiate a bunch of different class
> instances and it takes time and memory, and then it all needs to be
> iterated and painted... Just a guess - I don't use sqldev and didn't
> inspect the SQL it issues.
>
> Regards,
>    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
>    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
>    http://www.dynamicpsp.com- Hide quoted text -

I'm certain it's the sql they used. There are several posts on the forum referencing the poor design for large schemas. I tried to view the explain plan for it but after I saw it was about 10 pages long I didn't go any further.

and I was going to post links to some of the posts, but alas the forums website is broken again. Received on Tue Aug 26 2008 - 08:01:11 CDT

Original text of this message