Re: Plz help me.

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 00:05:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 26, 8:47 am, love <atul.01..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a software engineer. I got my training in J2EE and Oracle. But
> now i am working on database only. i dont have to code. i m doing
> regression testing only. my friends suggested me to switch to oracle.
> now i m trying to study more about oracle.
>
> My question is which book should i study - oracle 9i or 10g ? what
> will be useful to me because i m going to complete my 1 year in IT
> industry in coming November.
>
> U guys r experienced. plz suggest me what should i do. i m not working
> on java so i think i need to study oracle only. plz help me. i m very
> much confused.

All of them, from 9i through to 11g. :) And a ton of other books, notably those from Tom Kyte, Jonathan Lewis, Steven Feuerstein, coupled with hands-on experience. And don't throw Java away - Oracle has Java VM inside and goes along with Java pretty well. Don't narrow your skillset - expand it, learn new things whenever you can, experiment with what you learned, and your persistence will eventually pay out.

My $0.02.

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue Aug 26 2008 - 02:05:12 CDT