Re: Upgrade from power builder to VB oracle

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 23:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 25, 3:52 pm, ansh <Anshul.gau..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I need to upgrade my database management software from power builder
> to another management software. I have to choose VB oracle against
> oracle and SAP, Can someone me the advantages of these management
> software in terms of load and response time.
> Here is the Scenario,
> I have been maintaining DB for three companies i.e Philips, Onida and
> videocon, The PB software is really slow and having a large response
> time. I need a software that will adequately cater to my needs in
> terms of Cost, speed and quality of management, can you tell me the
> advantages of above softwares or suggest me some software which will
> satisfy my needs .......

And what are your needs? Power Builder is a development tool. VB, if you mean Visual Basic, is a programming language and development tool either. And you are "maintaining DB" with them? Indeed, both have basic database browsing capabilities, maybe even some rudimentary management capabilities, but they are not *management* tools. As Mark said, Oracle provides its own comprehensive management toolset named Enterprise Manager (not free.) There are database management tools from Embarcadero, Quest and others. There are even free tools out there (though you get what you pay for.)

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue Aug 26 2008 - 01:40:27 CDT

Original text of this message