Re: Calling procedure

From: Aya the Vampire Slayer <>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:30:09 +0000 (UTC)

Mtek <> wa:
>I'm trying to call a procedure like this:

> p_user_id => p_customer_id,
> p_portfolio_id => p_portfolio_id,
> p_ticker => v_ticker_tab,
> p_action => v_action_tab);

>There are a bunch more parameters, but I only have to pass those. I
>get this error when trying to compile the code:

>84/7 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>84/16 PLS-00302: component 'INSERT_PORTFOLIO_ARR' must be declared

>Any thoughts? Does this have to be a packaged procedure???

If the procedure is in a different schema than the one you're trying to execute it from, you will have to 1) grant execute permissions for the procedure to the schema that's calling it and 2) preface the procedure name with the schema name (e.g., SCHEMA.INSERT_PORTFOLIO_ARR [...]).

"Care must be exorcised when handring Opiticar System as it is apts to
be sticked by dusts and hand-fat." --Japanese Translators

"Keep your fingers off the lens." --Elton Byington, English Translator