Re: EM backup problem

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:08:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 25, 7:45 am, kulkarni.ni..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 25, 10:24 am, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 06:50:09 -0700 (PDT), kulkarni.ni..._at_gmail.com
> > wrote:

> > >Here is what's happening:
>
> > >In old EM we had backups going at 2AM. Generally, it takes 30-40 mins
> > >to finish the backup.
> > >In new EM we have backups going starting at 3AM. Now when new EM tries
> > >to write the backup file it fails b'coz of insufficient disk space
> > >which is b'coz the old EM still writes the backup file and finishes
> > >the backup by 2.40AM.
>
> > >Thanks,
>
> > What happens when you stop the 'old' Intelligent Agent?
> > OIA is responsible for running jobs, jobs will continue to run when
> > OMS is down.
>
> > Hth
>
> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker
> > Senior Oracle DBA
>
> The old intelligent agent is stopped all the services including OMS
> service are stopped on old EM box.
>
> Thanks,

Please say how you checked. Did you check all possible threads? Or just look at services. I'm not generally on Windows, so I'm a bit rusty on how it works, but I recall there are utilities for checking threads (and explanations in various places). I suspect there is some spawned thread that you are missing. Perhaps the answer is in looking very carefully through the registry, especially for things that you think you've uninstalled. Have you restarted this box since removing everything?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another expensive