Re: Upgrade from power builder to VB oracle

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 06:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 25, 7:52 am, ansh <Anshul.gau..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I need to upgrade my database management software from power builder
> to another management software. I have to choose VB oracle against
> oracle and SAP, Can someone me the advantages of these management
> software in terms of load and response time.
> Here is the Scenario,
> I have been maintaining DB for three companies i.e Philips, Onida and
> videocon, The PB software is really slow and having a large response
> time. I need a software that will adequately cater to my needs in
> terms of Cost, speed and quality of management, can you tell me the
> advantages of above softwares or suggest me some software which will
> satisfy my needs .......

PowerBuilder (PB) is not database management software; it is application development software.

Oracle Applications and SAP are ERP products. Very large, complex, and expensive products.

Are you sure your PB performance issues are not database application design and query tuning issues?

For database managment software look at Oracle Enterprise Manager, OEM, often now just referred to as EM.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Aug 25 2008 - 08:25:40 CDT

Original text of this message