Database in quiesce mode

From: Shakespeare <>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 21:19:36 +0200

I have a client using 64 bit on AIX. After an upgrade from 9 to 10, his database went (after running for about 15 hours) into quiesce mode without anyone specifically performing such an action. (Unfortunately, no more specific data available right now; only thing he noticed in the alert log was a log writer switch on redo01.log when this happened).
After a while, his db went unquiesce again. I searched docs, metalink, Google but did not find a clue why a DB would do this all by itself. A) Is this possible anyway?
B) What could cause this?

Shakespeare Received on Sat Aug 23 2008 - 14:19:36 CDT

Original text of this message