Re: oracle Bug with JDBC ??

From: <chen_at_live.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 21, 4:47 pm, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <vladimir.zakharyc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 8:47 am, rgvguplb <rgvgu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 20, 6:36 pm, c..._at_live.com.au wrote:
>
> > > Hi all, I'm currently doing some research on Oracle 10g server in our
> > > university (Uni of Wollongong,Australia).
> > > Well, I have a Java file which connects to the database and create and
> > > select some tables but doesn't close connection with the codes. and
> > > then I try to "select value from v$sysstat where name='bytes sent via
> > > SQL*Net to client'   under sqlplus via the same user as the java file
> > > connect with, after I ran the java file. and the results is amazing!!
> > > ------------------------------------
> > > Statistic value bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
> > >       3,545,613,496(bytes)
>
> > > ---------------------------------
> > > I've got over 3 GB transmission data in 20 secs!!
> > > I've found out the problem is because I didn't close the connection in
> > > my JAVA file, but 3 GB transmission data is just impossible with some
> > > little select statements in the java file...
>
> > > anyone knows how can this transmission happens?
> > > or it is a bug from Oracle??
>
> > > Wenzheng.
>
> > Isn't v$sysstat cumulative since database startup?
>
> It is. v$sEsstat isn't. One letter can make a big difference. :)
>
> Regards,
>    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
>    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
>    http://www.dynamicpsp.com- Hide quoted text -

I was using v$sysstat to grab the transmission of "Statistic value bytes sent via SQL*Net to client", if I do close the connection in my JAVA code, it won't have 3GB transmission. just about 200M as what I expect...
so... is it a bug??? Received on Fri Aug 22 2008 - 21:13:38 CDT

Original text of this message