Re: Wirecache Database Accelator

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:13:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 21, 11:40 am, zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Does any one have experince in usng this productwww.wirecache.com. We
> are looking in evaluating this product and wanted to know your
> experience.
>
> Thanks.

Placing a cache between your application and the database may have unintended consequences. Oracle 11g includes a result cache feature and I believe a client side cache feature as well. Since 11g is out I am not sure if I would want to invest in a hardware/software appliance cache where just adding memory to the database server and SGA might be able to give me the same benefit while probably providing me more visibility into the cache.

I advise caution in using a cache unless you have a strong understanding of how the cache is populated, refreshed, and when it is used in place of live data.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Aug 21 2008 - 15:13:43 CDT

Original text of this message