Re: Is there any problem restoring database from 9G to 9i

From: Richard <RSL101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected.
SQL> quit
Disconnected from Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

Hmm...it is 9i. Then the mystery deepens. We deployed the db on a RAC cluster. I presumed it had to be a G (for grid configuration ), but maybe RAC is not Grid and Grid only found in Oracle 10 ? Like I said I inherited this Oracle system from someone else who's left the company and I am just starting to get familiar with Oracle.

Also the new server i need to restore to is:

Disconnected from Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

Not exact version, is there a problem ? Thanks Richard Received on Thu Aug 21 2008 - 11:28:46 CDT

Original text of this message