why undotbs01.dbf too big

From: <martin_ian_lewis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 01:58:41 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 10G on solaris database that has chewed up 3.0 GB of disk space with undotbs01.dbf. This is unexpected and inconvenient cos the disk partition is now full.
There is a gateway feeding lots of small 3KB rows into a table which is caught by a trigger that populates some other tables via a stored procedure (about 30GB of data in all). So why would 3GB of undo space be needed?

There is also an application that runs quite complicated queries again the db but my assumption is that does not need undo space?

Any suggestions on why undotbs01.dbf is sooo big? And how to shrink it back?

Best Regards

Tony Received on Thu Aug 21 2008 - 03:58:41 CDT

Original text of this message