Re: Oracle database 11g

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 00:26:57 +0100

Robert Klemme wrote:
> On 18.08.2008 21:18, DA Morgan wrote:

>> Noons wrote:

>>> vi or nothing!
>>
>> I've got some IBM 80 column punch cards if anyone wants to return to
>> the bronze age.

> Reminds me of the times when my dad used to work in a computer center:
> magnetic tapes whirring on the walls, punch card readers and writers,
> kilometers of continuous form and these illuminated IBM buttons all over
> the place. I loved to visit him because they had these good smelling
> markers which I was allowed to use on old printouts...
>
> vi is a comparatively luxurious tool.

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

Palooka Received on Mon Aug 18 2008 - 18:26:57 CDT

Original text of this message