Re: Newbie Question - What to use to open dump file?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 18, 10:40 am, jfal..._at_socket.net wrote:
> I have a customer that wanted me to look at some of their data.  They
> gave me a dump file from there oracle database.  I don't have an
> oracle system.  I was wondering if there is a standalone method of
> using this data similar to MSDE type of MSSQL or the Sybase
> SQLAnywhere single user software.  I don't mind spending some money on
> a 1 user version of software, but I don't want to put in an entire
> system for what may be a 1 time thing.  I downloaded a mobile lite
> install, but if I understand the docs, it is the app server and client
> tier of a three tier system.  What tool would you recommend?  Thanks
> for your help.

Any of the releases of Oracle would be free for such use, as far as I know. However, to make a smaller 'footprint' on your system you might look into Oracle XE. Of course any of these are available at www.oracle.com on the 'Downloads' page.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Aug 18 2008 - 10:46:13 CDT

Original text of this message