Newbie Question - What to use to open dump file?

From: <jfalken_at_socket.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

I have a customer that wanted me to look at some of their data. They gave me a dump file from there oracle database. I don't have an oracle system. I was wondering if there is a standalone method of using this data similar to MSDE type of MSSQL or the Sybase SQLAnywhere single user software. I don't mind spending some money on a 1 user version of software, but I don't want to put in an entire system for what may be a 1 time thing. I downloaded a mobile lite install, but if I understand the docs, it is the app server and client tier of a three tier system. What tool would you recommend? Thanks for your help. Received on Mon Aug 18 2008 - 10:40:48 CDT

Original text of this message