Passing queries from procedure call in a script ... possible?

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:14:14 -0400

Oracle 10.2.0.3.0

Windows 2003 Server

UPDATE_PROCEDURE will update the DATES_TABLE but could be updated from different sources.

How do I make the UPDATE_PROCEDURE able to accept different data sets retrieved from different cursors when the UPDATE_PROCEDURE procedure is called from different SQL scripts.

I'm not experienced with reference cursors so I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do can be done or not. Would it be reference cursors, cursor variables or what?

This UPDATE_PROCEDURE will be a packaged procedure which could be called by different processes to update the same table. However, each process will have different tables which create the data set to use to update the DATES_TABLE. Currently this is all done in scripts and, for each process, there is a duplication of code for the update of the DATES_TABLE.

Can a cursor be passed from a procedure call in a script and if so, is there any examples anywhere around?

Thanks. Received on Sat Aug 16 2008 - 17:14:14 CDT

Original text of this message