External library not being pinned in cache...

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:53:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all.

Running 9i (don't have a version number) on Solaris.

A stored procedure is calling an external C library.

I'm looking to confirm whether or not this C library is being held in memory after it's called. The user is theorizing that it is not, and that it's being retrieved from disk each time it's called.

I'm not sure whether I can expect that kind of external routine to stay pinned in the library cache or not. And if not, what the best way to ensure that it *does* stay pinned...

Comments appreciated...

BD Received on Fri Aug 15 2008 - 16:53:36 CDT

Original text of this message