Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??

From: <>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:18:25 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db).
We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database.

With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications?

Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease!

Doemon Received on Tue Aug 12 2008 - 17:18:25 CDT

Original text of this message