Re: Is this a CAREER-ENDING mistake ? Accidently ran catalog.sql

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 01:17:00 GMT

Richard <RSL101_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:4340ee0a-1fdc-408c-a161- 4e0139d890e9_at_2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com:

> There's no backup except there's an exp ...owner=sys, can that be
> used to restore ? As I understand all system packages are owned by
> sys, so the export of sys will restore it, I hope ?

If you dodged this bullet I hope you'll learn a few things from it. 1) Objects owned by SYS can not be exported! 2) The database needs to be online & operational for import to work.

Since SYS owns all internal DB objects & the DB needs to be open & online for import to function; thinking that you can import objects owned by SYS is 100% WRONG/FLAWED/FATAL/NONSENSICAL!

As a learning exercise after this dust settles. Take your dump file & invoke the import utility into a fresh, empty & disposable instance.

Please use CUT & PASTE & post the results back here for posterity!

HTH & YMMV! Received on Thu Aug 07 2008 - 20:17:00 CDT

Original text of this message