Re: Circular Invalid Package Issue

From: Chris S <cjsommer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 05:39:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 7, 1:39 am, Tim X <t..._at_nospam.dev.null> wrote:
> "Ana C. Dent" <anaced..._at_hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > Chris S <cjsom..._at_gmail.com> wrote in news:336994bd-9d55-4e8a-831b-
> > ffd15bc5b..._at_34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > IIRC, there is an initSID.ora parameter which includes the string
> > "SIGNATURE". The default is "off" & you get the behavior described.
> > After changing it to be "on", packages will only go invalid when the
> > number or datatype of parameters changes.
>
> Note however, I don't believe this works with client PL/SQL code, which
> I believe can only use the old/default timestamp based method. this
> doesn't seem to apply wrt the OPs problem, but thought I'd mention it
> for completeness.
>
> Tim
>
> --
> tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

Thanks.

The parameter is REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE. I did try it out but it didn't seem to effect what I am having issues with. The description of the parameter says it effects packages, procedures and functions, but doesn't mention views.

The packages in both user schemas use exactly the same name for the remote view. The only difference is where the dblink points. I haven't tried it, but I think my issue is due to a naming collision. If I get a chance to test my theory I will post my results back here.

Thanks all for your suggestions. Received on Thu Aug 07 2008 - 07:39:55 CDT

Original text of this message