Circular Invalid Package Issue

From: Chris S <>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 07:30:10 -0700 (PDT)

Running Oracle on RHEL

Here is my problem:

I have a package in a user schema (USER1) that reads data through a user (not global) DBLINK. I have another user schema (USER2) with the same package that reads the same data over its own user DBLINK.

When I compile USER1's package body it invalidates USER2's package body. When I compile USER2's package body, it invalidates USER1's package body.

It is compiling at runtime (lazy compiles) just fine so it has not been an issue for me to this point. I was just wondering why it would invalidate the other packages when I am not making any modifications to the remote object. Received on Wed Aug 06 2008 - 09:30:10 CDT

Original text of this message