Re: how much swap for 10g on a 4Gb RAM system?

From: obakesan <pellicleundies_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 08:02:28 GMT

Hi

In article <xWHkk.12290$uq4.6873_at_newsfe23.ams2>, Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com> wrote:
[snip]

>But I apologise to OP if my response sounded condescending - that was
>unintended.

no offence taken ... but it has been interesting stuff.

I can say that on my existing setup I have not even touched the swapfile yet, and I'm willing to post findings (and conduct some exploration) for the interested.

Thanks also to Joel for the information

btw Joel, when you said:

> ....... The onus is on the person questioning the
>instructions to be clear where they are in the process of
>understanding the instructions.

Were you suggesting I should have posted more details on why I wanted to know and why? I'm happy to answer if you were.

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat blog: http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/

please remove undies for reply Received on Sat Aug 02 2008 - 03:02:28 CDT

Original text of this message