Re: Flashback Recovery Area - Control Files and Online Redo

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:25:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 31, 12:52 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
> >> No answer here?
>
> >> Palooka
>
> > In EM, click on Administration --> Controlfiles --> backup to trace.
> > This creates a file in your udump directory that you can edit to put
> > things whereever you feel is best.  The command line version is alter
> > database backup controlfile to trace;  Read the tracefile, it tells
> > exactly what to do.
>
> > Try the following search at tahiti.oracle.com:
> > backup controlfile to trace
>
> Thanks for the response, but unfortunately it doesn't help much. I was
> looking for an answer which had some relevance to the original question.
>
> Palooka

) To move the controlfile from the old Flash Recovery Area to new one.

   Change the location in the parameter CONTROL_FILES to the new location

   and restart the instance in NOMOUNT.

   RMAN> RESTORE CONTROLFILE FROM 'filename_of_old_control_file';

4) To move the online redo logs. Use the commands to add a a log file stored in

   the new Flash Recovery Area and drop the logfile in the old Flash Recovery Area

   for each redo log group.

   SQL> alter database add logfile size 100M;    SQL> alter database drop logfile 'name of the old redo log';

Finding the metalink note that this is pasted from is left as a learning exercise for those who can't search for How to change Flash Recovery Area to a new location on metalink.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2008/07/autoadmit