TERM setup problem with sqlplus

From: obakesan <pellicleundies_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:51:35 GMT

Hi

system info:
SQL*Plus: 10.2.0.1.0
Oracle Database 10g 10.2.0.1.0

problem:
when I use my X terminal to connect to the server and use sqlplus I have no problems, but I have started using SSH and find that when I try to use the backspace or delete key that I get control characters appearing Eg

SQL> this ^H

I thought that stty erase and pressing the right key would replace this ... but it seems not. From long ago I seem to recall there was some settings for the sqlplus command line behaviour but I just can't recall them

from the ssh window (where I have the problem)
$ echo $TERM

cygwin

from the X server window (which works fine)
$ echo $TERM

xterm

thanks :-)

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat blog: http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/

please remove undies for reply Received on Thu Jul 31 2008 - 02:51:35 CDT

Original text of this message