Re: Avoid Unnecessary Parallel Query

From: <swjkeen_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:44:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 28, 6:55 pm, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> Comments embedded.
>
> On Jul 28, 10:18 am, swjk..._at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>
> > I am using Oracle 10.2.0.3 RAC on 2 x Sun Solaris box with 32 CPUs. In
> > general I wish to allow parallel execution, so parallel_server is set
> > to TRUE.
>
> Interesting since the parallel_server init.ora parameter was used in
> Oracle 8.1.x to indicate that the instance was part of an OPS
> implementation, and has no effect in 10.2.0.3.

Thanks for the clarification. That explains why it no longer appears in the documentation and teaches me not to run a "show parameter ..." command and make assumptions on the results.

So, I'll investigate the stats collection on this table and see whether it has any affect on the query execution plan.

Simon. Received on Tue Jul 29 2008 - 02:44:30 CDT

Original text of this message