Re: Install patch BEFORE creating databases

From: joel garry <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:26:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 26, 2:56 am, Frank van Bortel <> wrote:
> Cristian Cudizio wrote:
> > I've not understood well what goes wrong to you but i can assure you
> > that you can do that.
> > I've made it a lot of times, it saves you time to patch the catalog of
> > the existing database.
> I second that, with one additional remark:
> be careful when using the pre cooked databases
> when using DBCA - they are not always patched, too.
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

Having just done this on Friday, I was wondering what effects one would be looking for to know something needs to be done? I don't see anything like in the release notes ie, ORA-39700, invalid objects, etc. It's looking like seems to handle this, at least on the combo I tried, followed by creating an RMAN catalog. Of course, I'm not done yet.

I'm speculating the dbua files for have the correct seed databases.

-- is bogus.
Backdoor in Amsterdam: